Most people only know lemongrass as that odd looking ingredient in their grocery store that looks like a combination of grass and a wood stick. Often used in Thai, Chinese, and Caribbean cooking for its lemony flavor and aroma, its essential oil also provides many health benefits and smells similar to lemon with a sweet and earthy undertone.
Check out this research on Lemongrass essential oil:
Diffusing lemongrass can help purify the air. Read more about the study here.
Lemongrass could be used as a wasp repellent. Read more here.
Lemongrass can help support respiratory health. Read more here.
Tips from dōTERRA:
- To help soothe sore joints or muscle sprains, combine equal parts Fractionated Coconut Oil and Lemongrass oil and rub topically on area of concern.
- Diffuse to help promote awareness and purification.
- Lemongrass blends well with Basil, Clary Sage, Eucalyptus, Coriander, Geranium, Lavender and Melaleuca essential oil.
- Use to flavor your favorite dishes while promoting healthy digestion.
- Combine with Melaleuca and apply to toenails for clean, healthy nails.
- Rub or spritz on skin before going outside. Lemongrass essential oil naturally repels insects and is one of the essential oils in our TerraShield essential oil blend.
Tips from our Facebook Fans:
- “I use it on my massage clients who are dealing with occasional muscle aches. Works amazing!” -Peggy Lutz Renshaw
- “I often use Lemongrass as a perfume, which is always a conversation starter to share oils.” -Laura Jones
- “I make an air freshener spray with water, Lemongrass and Geranium – it makes my home smell so fresh and clean! I use it several times a day!” -Courtney Bridgers
- “Today I used it mixed with Bergamot for a natural deodorant.” -Joni Tucker Lang
*These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. dōTERRA products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any dōTERRA product.